Linear motion - linear modules LML series
Linear modules LML series are designed for precise fine motion of load on the straight. Such the fine linear motion is achieved by conversion of rotation to linear motion using a pulley gear. To realize the motion these modules are equipped with stepper motors.
The LML series linear modules consist of aluminium section, which guarantees essential stiffness and takes a role of a linear guide. The sections have T-shaped slots for fixation. Pulleys are placed at the ends of the section, cogged belt is strained between the pulleys. A carriage is secured on the cogged belt. A pitch of the pulleys is 2 mm. The pulleys have 20 teeths each, which provides linear motion 40 mm per one motor revolution.
The carriage is fixed on the section using 4 rolls made from polycarbonate. These rolls ensure smooth motion and low noise during operation process. It is possible to make adjustng of two rolls on the belt side and eliminate backlash and cross motion of the carriage, which could appear during working process.
The linear modules LML series are produced in few modifications: different travel length, different motor orientation.
Modifications of linear modules LML series
|Linear module||Travel length, mm||Stepper motor position|
The main parameters of linear modules LML series
- Nominal linear motion speed - 100 mm/s
- Linear displacement of the carriage per one motor revolution - 40 mm
- Linear displacement of the carriage per one motor step (1.8 ) - 0.2 mm
- Nominal force Fxnom at the carriage - 25 N
- Steady-state force Fx st at the carriage - 40 N
- The maximum permissible force at the carriage FY - 320 N
- The maximum permissible force at the carriage FZ - 320 N
- The maximum permissible torque at the carriage MX - 4 N*m
- The maximum permissible torque at the carriage MY - 5 N*m
- The maximum permissible torque at the carriage MZ - 6.5 N*m
- Nonfailure operating time - 5000 hours
Dimensions of linear modules LML series
Linear module with upper stepper motor position LML-U:
Linear module with below stepper motor position LML-L: