Step motor controllers SMSD‑1.5RS‑232 and SMSD‑1.5RS‑485
We recommend the model SMSD-1.5
Step motor controllers SMSD‑1.5RS‑232 and SMSD‑1.5RS‑485 are modified and updated version of standard controllers SMSD-1.5. Communication interfaces have been changed in these new models. Instead of USB, RS‑232 or RS-485 are used. New case allows to fix controller on a DIN bar, that makes it more suitable for mass industrial production.
Programmable controllers SMSD‑1.5RS‑232 and SMSD‑1.5RS‑485 are intended for control of step motors with phase current up 1.6 A.
Controllers SMSD‑1.5 with RS-232 or RS-485 allow to control (adjust) direction, speed and acceleration of motor. It operates with complex executing programs and records them in non-volatile memory.
SMSD-1.5RS-series work in standalone mode and connected to a PLC or computer (with RS-232 or RS-485 interface via COM-port or transducer USB-RS232 or USB-RS485). Controllers also operate on HMI-panel using SMC-program.
It is possible to receive and send signals from and to external devices and sensors.
The main parameters of programmable step motor controllers SMSD‑1.5RS‑232 and SMSD‑1.5RS‑485
- Max. current per phase: 0.16 - 1.6 Amp
- Power supply: 12 ‑ 30 VDC
- Microstepping mode - 1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16
Main Functions and capabilities
- Step motor control via program, stored in device
- Record, changing and reading programme control into/from internal nonvolatile ROM
- Self-contained operation without PC or external controller
- Computer control using COM-port (RS-232, RS-485)
- Operating on HMI-panel via RS232-interface and RS485-interface
- Manual operation
- Homing function
- Automatic engine stop after receiving signal from critical sensor
- Automatic reversal of motor rotation after receiving signal from reverse sensor
- Timing capability of several SMSD controllers
The control modes of SMSD‑1.5RS‑232 and SMSD‑1.5RS‑485
- Program mode - this mode is widely used for cycle and repetitive actions. The motion algorithm recorded from a PC or PLC (RS-232 or RS-485 interfaces) to a nonvolatile memory of the controller and afterwards can be executed as per input signal or as per a command from a PC or PLC. Please, refer to the user manual for a full list of executing commands. Special software for program assembling and downloading to the controller is provided by our company for free. HMI with preloaded software is provided by our company as well.
- Direct cotrol mode - control stepmotor in real-time mode by commands, set from a computer or PLC. The controller execute every command as soon as receive it from a computer. Temporary memory storage and cycles are also possible in this mode. Please, refer to the user manual for a full list of executing commands.
- Analog speed control - manual mode - it is used for smooth speed regulation without communication interface connection. The motor speed is proportional to analog voltage signal, potentiometer regulation is also possible. Direction and start/stop are controlled by digital inputs.
- Pulse position control STEP/DIR - the standard position control mode, motor speed is proportional to a STEP voltage signals frequency, displacement is proportional to a STEP signals quantity. Rotation direction depends on a voltage level at DIR input.
- Pulse position control A-phase and B-phase 90° different - position control mode with 2-phase control pulse train, A and B phases difference is 90°. Motor speed is proportional to pulses frequency, displacement is proportional to a pulses quantity. Rotation direction depends on a leading phase - A or B.
Digital inputs/outputs of stepmotor controllers SMSD‑1.5RS‑232 and SMSD‑1.5RS‑485
- Start/Stop (input, valid for program and analog control modes)
- Reverse (input, valid for program and analog control modes)
- Motion enable (input, valid for program, analog control and STEP/DIR modes)
- Start zero positioning (input, valid for program control mode)
- "Home" position (input, valid for program control mode)
- Relay (output, valid for program control mode)
- Inp1 and Inp2 - (programmable inputs, valid for program control mode)