Stepper motor driver SMD‑8.0DIN ver.2
SMD‑8.0DIN ver.2 is a renewed version of a well-proven model SMD-8.0DIN. The driver is designed to control two and four-phase hybrid stepper motors with a phase current of up to 8.0A. We have revised the circuitry and hardware components, which makes it possible to maintain a large motor torque at high speeds. Mounting of the driver on a standard DIN rail makes it easier to place it at the place of production.
SMD‑8.0DIN ver.2 provides fast accelerating of a stepper motor and makes it possible to reach operating speeds of over 4000 rpm while maintaining enough torque to perform useful work.
- Pulse position control (STEP/DIR)
- Analog speed control (internal potentiometer)
The main parameters of stepper motor driver SMD‑8.0DIN ver.2
- Max. current per phase: 8.0 A
- Power supply: 24 ‑ 48 VDC
- Microstepping mode: 1, 1/2, 1/4,1/8, 1/16, 1/32, 1/64, 1/128
- Built-in brake resistor for operation with a high inertia load
- Possibility to connect external brake resistor
- Two phase control modes: current control (high torque and better dynamics) or voltage control (silent and very smooth motion)
- Microstepping up to 1/128
- Holding current can be adjusted as 70% or 100% of full current value
- Possibility to invert a signal ENABLE
The operation modes of SMD‑8.0DIN ver.2
- Analog speed control - manual mode - it is used for smooth speed regulation without PC connection. The motor speed is proportional to internal potentiometer regulation. Direction and start/stop are controlled by digital inputs.
- Pulse position control STEP/DIR - the standard position control mode, motor speed is proportional to a STEP voltage signals frequency, displacement is proportional to a STEP signals quantity. Rotation direction depends on a voltage level at DIR input. Additional ENABLE signal is also provided.
Functions and possibilities of stepper motor driver SMD-8.0DIN ver.2:
- Pulse position control with standard logic low level voltage signals 0…1VDC and high level voltage signals 4…5 VDC (up to 24 VDC on condition that additional current limiting resistances are used) «STEP», «DIR» and «ENABLE» is provided;
- Analog speed control is provided: using internal potentiometers;
- The driver is equipped with an internal brake resistor;
- Control of a current state of the driver and output of the relevant signal FAULT.