BMD-40DIN brush motor speed controller
|Voltage||12 – 24 VDC|
|Rated current||up to 40 A|
|Peak current||100 A|
|Control methods||Analog speed control 0…5 V|
BMD‑40DIN is a driver for DC brush motor, which is used for speed, acceleration and deceleration control. Regulation methods: analog signal 0…5 VDC analog signal or internal potentiometer. Current limitation function prevents motor overloading.
Technical data BMD-40DIN
|Max. resistance of closed contacts||4.7 kOhm|
|Max. input current||0.5 mA|
|Analog speed control||0...5 V|
Description of the DC brush motor speed controller BMD-40DIN
The device BMD-40DIN is a speed controller for a DC brush motor. The controller is designed to control DC brush motors with a supply voltage of up to 24V and a power of up to 500W. It is possible to control the speed of a DC brush motor with an analog signal 0...5 VDC or with a built-in or external potentiometer. Acceleration, direction and deceleration are set by internal regulators included in the design of the device.
Motor speed can be adjusted with one of the follow methods:
- internal potentiometer;
- external potentiometer;
- analog signal 0...5 VDC
Parameters of external direction and start/stop signals:
- input type: clean contact;
- maximum resistance of the closed contacts: 4.7 kOhm;
- maximum input current: 0.5 mA;
- "START/STOP" and "DIR" inputs logic can be easily adjusted by a customer: the inputs can operate both as per signal level and as per a front of the signal;
- the default setting is operation as per a front of the signal for "START/STOP" input and as per a level of the signal for "DIR" input.
The DC brush motor speed controller BMD-40DIN performs the following functions:
- start and stop a DC brush motor by a button on the front panel or by an external signal;
- analog regulation of speed of a DC brush motor;
- control of the rotation direction with a button on the front panel or an external signal;
- setting the ration of acceleration and deceleration;
- motor overload protection with adjustable rated current;
- motor short circuit protection;
- emergency stop of a DC brush motor "HARD STOP" in the event of a break in the electrical circuit of the protection circuit, function of safe stop "Safe Stop 1".
Connection of the DC brush motor speed controller BMD-40DIN