Stepmotor driver SMD‑4.2DIN ver.2
SMD‑4.2DIN ver.2 is a new generation stepper motor driver. The driver is designed to control two and four-phase hybrid stepper motors with a phase current of up to 4.2A. The unit provides for mounting on a DIN rail, which is convenient for placing it in a production environment. A fundamental difference from the previous version of the SMD‑4.2 driver is a new improved circuitry, which makes it possible to maintain a large motor torque at high speeds.
Thanks to its advanced design, the SMD‑4.2DIN ver.2 delivers dynamics that accelerate the stepper motor to over 1000 rpm in a fraction of a second and easily reach operating speeds of over 4000 rpm while maintaining enough torque to perform useful work
For stepper motor operation with high inertia load, a connector is provided for connecting an external braking resistor.
The SMD‑4.2DIN ver.2 driver provides both pulse position control and analog speed or angle control.
- Pulse position control (STEP/DIR)
- Analog speed control (0 ‑ 5 VDC or potentiometer)
- Analog control of rotation angle - tracking mode (0 ‑ 5 VDC or potentiometer)
- Constant speed rotation
The main parameters of stepmotor driver SMD‑4.2DIN ver.2
- Max. current per phase - 4.2 Amp
- Power supply - 12 ‑ 48 VDC
- Microstepping mode - 1, 1/2, 1/4,1/8, 1/16, 1/32, 1/64, 1/128
The operation modes of SMD‑4.2DIN ver.2
- Analog speed control - manual mode - it is used for smooth speed regulation without PC connection. The motor speed is proportional to analog voltage signal, potentiometer regulation is also possible. Direction and start/stop are controlled by digital inputs.
- Analog position control mode - provides regulation of an angle displacement. The rotor position depends on an analog control signal (voltage or potentiometer regulation) - from 0 to 270°.
- Pulse position control STEP/DIR - the standard position control mode, motor speed is proportional to a STEP voltage signals frequency, displacement is proportional to a STEP signals quantity. Rotation direction depends on a voltage level at DIR input. Additional ENABLE signal is also provided.
- Constant speed mode - provides continuous stepper motor rotation at a predefined constant speed. The speed value is set via USB connection.
Functions and possibilities of stepmotor driver SMD‑4.2DIN ver.2:
- Pulse position control with standard logic low level voltage signals 0…1 VDC and high level voltage signals 4…5 VDC (up to 24VDC on condition that additional current limiting resistances are used) «STEP», «DIR» and «ENABLE» is provided;
- Analog speed control is provided: using internal or external potentiometers or analog voltage signal 0..5 VDC;
- Analog position control (motor shaft rotation angle) is provided: using internal or external potentiometers or analog voltage signal 0..5 VDC;
- Constant speed rotation is provided;
- All motor control parameters are set from a PC via USB connection;
- Automatic source voltage control – if the power supply falls outside the allowance range (less than 20 VDC or more than 51 VDC) when the driver is switched on or within 2 seconds during operation, the driver outputs the alarm and indicate the alarm code;
- A motor acceleration and deceleration is adjusted;
- The driver is equipped with an internal brake resistor. External brake resistor can be connected as well if needed;
- Control of a known state of the driver and output of the relevant signal FAULT