BMSD‑20 Modbus - DC brush motor controller with RS-485
BMSD‑20 Modbus controllers are designed to control a DC collector motor with rated current up to 20A (BMSD ‑ 20Modbus). The controllers regulate the engine speed, set the direction of rotation, provide speed stabilization when using Hall sensors, and control acceleration and deceleration. Thanks to the current limiting function, the controllers protect the motor from overloads.
The controllers are controlled via the RS ‑ 485 interface using the Modbus RTU or ASCII protocol or by external signals supplied to the controller inputs. The block provides:
- - setting the motor shaft rotation speed via Modbus;
- - setting the values of acceleration and deceleration;
- - setting the maximum value of the motor current (motor overload protection);
- - drawing up a user control program, starting the program by command via Modbus or automatically when the drive is powered up;
- - programming inputs IN1 and IN2, which can also be used as START / STOP and REVERSE / DIRECTION signals;
- - selection of the logic of operation of input signals IN1 and IN2 (START / STOP and REVERS) - triggering on the edge or signal level.
When working with a collector motor with an encoder based on a Hall sensor, the controller provides advanced options for controlling the drive:
- - Speed stabilization based on information from Hall sensors.
- - Positioning to a given coordinate or displacement by a given value according to the Hall sensors in the range from - 2 147 483 647 to + 2 147 483 647 Hall sensors switching.
The most simple command system allows you to compose engine control algorithms in the form of a sequence of executable instructions. The controller allows you to create loops, wait timers, use conditional and unconditional, relative and absolute jumps, create and use subroutines. The maximum program length is 1024 instructions.
The main parameters of controller BMSD
- Rated current: 12 Amp
- Power supply: 12 ‑ 24VDC