Programmable stepmotor controller SMSD‑1.5Modbus
SMSD ‑ 1.5Modbus is a programmable stepper motor controller with advanced functionality. SMSD-1.5Modbus is designed to work with motors, winding currents of which do not exceed 1.5A. The controller can be controlled from a PLC using the Modbus RTU / ASCII protocol, as well as work autonomously according to a given program. The controller supports crushing modes from full step to 1/256. Overheating protection is provided.
The controllers are capable of working in real time and can be used both for building local automation nodes and for distributed I / O systems with the organization of data exchange via RS-485 interface with Modbus protocol.
The main parameters of programmable stepmotor controller SMSD‑1.5Modbus
- Max. current per phase - 1.5 Amp
- Power supply - 12 ‑ 48 VDC
- Microstepping mode - 1/1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32, 1/128, 1/256
The control modes of SMSD‑1.5Modbus
- Program mode allows you to work autonomously according to a given program or directly control the engine using the Modbus protocol. The programming of the controller is carried out in the same way as a general industrial PLC. To work with SMSD-1.5Modbus, free software is provided for stepper motor control and unit programming.
- Analog speed control - allows you to set the motor rotation speed by a potentiometer on the front panel of the unit or by external buttons or an encoder;
- Pulse position control STEP/DIR - standard impulse control mode for "STEP" and "DIRECTION" signals. The motor speed is proportional to the STEP signal repetition rate, the amount of movement is proportional to the number of STEP signal pulses. The direction of rotation depends on the signal level at the DIRECTION (DIR) input.
The motor controller has 8 logic inputs, 10 logic outputs, 2 of which are high voltage. Their state can be read or set programmatically from the control program loaded into the memory or by a direct command via the Modbus protocol. The internal program can be written to and read from the controller both via the USB port and via the Modbus protocol. Free software is provided to configure the controller, create and edit internal programs.
Functions and capabilities of the SMSD‑1.5Modbus
- - PC connection via RS-485 or USB;
- - Autonomous stepper motor control according to the program stored in the controller memory;
- - Stepper motor control in real time by commands transmitted from a computer or PLC via Modbus;
- - Reading and writing the executive program to the controller memory via Modbus;
- - Software control of discrete outputs is provided;
- - Pulse position control with standard 0 / 5V signals "STEP", "DIRECTION" and "ENABLE";
- - Analog speed control is provided: using the built-in potentiometer, external buttons or an encoder;
- - The engine stops when an alarm is received;
Dimensions of programmable stepmotor controller SMSD‑1.5Modbus:
Software for SMSD‑1.5Modbus:
To configure and control the controller, we provide an open communication protocol for data exchange. You can also use the free SMC-Program-Modbus software. The program allows you to control the work, read and write control programs into the controller's memory, change control settings and engine parameters.
The optional SMSD Controller Demonstrator software package allows you to configure the controller; read / write IL-program and registers via Modbus protocol; Supports direct motion control function (rotation speed control, positioning, reference search); Contains the SMSD Updater utility to find and install controller software updates. Open source SMSD Controller Demonstrator.