High voltage programmable stepmotor controller SMSD-822
Stepmotor programmable controller SMSD‑822 was designed by our company for high torque applications. High motion dinamics is achieved due to high voltage of these controllers - up to 220 VAC or 200 VDC. The controller provides 6 control modes and 1 special tuning mode. Control modes are the next: real-time control by commands, programmable, analog speed control, analog position control, STEP/DIR position control. Digital I/O of the controller make it easy to use the controller together with other electronics of a system. Tuning mode is intended for accurate and smooth motor regulation, it could be used for better joint operation of motor and controller without vibrations and noise.
The main parameters of programmable stepmotor controller SMSD‑822
- Max. current per phase - 8.0 Amp
- Power supply - 110 ‑ 220 VAC or 70 ‑ 200 VDC
- Microstepping mode - 1/2; 1/4; 1/8; 1/16; 1/32; 1/64; 1/128; 1/256
The control modes of SMSD‑822
- Program mode - this mode is widely used for cycle and repetitive actions. The motion algorithm recorded from a PC (USB) to a nonvolatile memory of the controller and afterwards can be executed as per input signal or as per a command from a PC. Please, refer to the user manual for a full list of executing commands. Special software for program assembling and downloading to the controller is provided by our company for free.
- Direct cotrol mode - control stepmotor in real-time mode by commands, set from a computer. The controller execute every command as soon as receive it from a computer. Temporary memory storage and cycles are also possible in this mode. Please, refer to the user manual for a full list of executing commands.
- Analog speed control - manual mode - It is used for smooth speed regulation without PC connection. The motor speed is proportional to analog voltage signal, potentiometer regulation is also possible. Direction and start/stop are controlled by digital inputs. This controller has 2-stage speed tuning - rough speed regulation 1 - 20000 pulse/sec and fine tuning 1 - 1000 pulse/sec.
- Analog position control - the motor displacement depends on voltage analog signal. The scalse - factor of proportionality - set and can be changed from a computer USB by command. Also speed and acceleration values can be changed by commands from a computer. As the controller enters analog position control mode it refers current voltage signal as "zero" position. When input signal increases or decreases the stepper motor execute displacement CW or CCW accordingly.
- Pulse position control STEP/DIR - the standard position control mode, motor speed is proportional to a STEP voltage signals frequency, displacement is proportional to a STEP signals quantity. Rotation direction depends on a voltage level at DIR input.
- Tuning mode - special mode intended not for motion control, but for motor tuning. After motor connection, setting current and microstepping, this mode can be used for most accurately adjust motor and controller operation - reduce vibration and noise during motion.
Digital inputs/outputs of stepmotor controller SMSD‑822
- Start/Stop - input for start or stop the motor
- Reverse - input for motion reverse
- Motion enable - input for enabling/disabling motion
- Start zero positioning - input for zero positioning
- "Home" position - input - refers current position as "zero"
- Inp1, Inp2, Inp3 and Inp4 - programmable inputs/outputs, function depends on command setting.
Dimensions of programmable stepmotor controller SMSD‑822:
Speed-torque curve for SMSD‑822 with stepper motor SM110201:
X-axis - rotation speed, rpm; Y-axis - torque, kgf*cm
Measurement conditions: microstepping - 1/2, current per phase - 8 Amp, power supply - 220 VAC
Please, refer the menu "download materials" at the right side of the page to learn speed-torque curves with other motor models.