Programmable stepmotor controller SMSD‑8.0
SMSD‑8.0 is intended for medium and big sized stepper motors, it provides output current up to 8.0 A per motor's phase. The controller provides 5 control modes - real-time control by commands, programmable, analog speed control, STEP/DIR control and A-phase - B-phase pulse position control. Digital I/O of the controller make it easy to use the controller together with other electronics of a system.
The main parameters of programmable stepmotor controller SMSD‑8.0
- Max. current per phase - 8.0 Amp
- Power supply - 24 ‑ 72 VDC
- Microstepping mode - 1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/16
The control modes of SMSD‑8.0
- Program mode - this mode is widely used for cycle and repetitive actions. The motion algorithm recorded from a PC (USB) to a nonvolatile memory of the controller and afterwards can be executed as per input signal or as per a command from a PC. Please, refer to the user manual for a full list of executing commands. Special software for program assembling and downloading to the controller is provided by our company for free.
- Direct cotrol mode - control stepmotor in real-time mode by commands, set from a computer. The controller execute every command as soon as receive it from a computer. Temporary memory storage and cycles are also possible in this mode. Please, refer to the user manual for a full list of executing commands.
- Analog speed control - manual mode - it is used for smooth speed regulation without PC connection. The motor speed is proportional to analog voltage signal. Direction and start/stop are controlled by digital inputs.
- Pulse position control STEP/DIR - the standard position control mode, motor speed is proportional to a STEP voltage signals frequency, displacement is proportional to a STEP signals quantity. Rotation direction depends on a voltage level at DIR input.
- Pulse position control A-phase and B-phase 90° different - position control mode with 2-phase control pulse train, A and B phases difference is 90°. Motor speed is proportional to pulses frequency, displacement is proportional to a pulses quantity. Rotation direction depends on a leading phase - A or B.
Digital inputs/outputs of stepmotor controller SMSD‑8.0
- Start/Stop (input, valid for program and analog control modes)
- Reverse (input, valid for program and analog control modes)
- Motion enable (input, valid for program, direct control, analog speed control and pulse position control modes)
- Start zero positioning (input, valid for program control mode)
- "Home" position (input, valid for program control mode)
- Relay (output, valid for program control mode)
Dimensions of programmable stepmotor controller SMSD‑8.0:
Manual mode connection example:
Speed-torque curve for SMSD-8.0 with stepper motor SM86118:
X-axis - rotation speed, rpm; Y-axis - torque, kgf*cm
Measurement conditions: microstepping - 1/2, current per phase - 6 Amp
Please, refer the menu "download materials" at the right side of the page to learn speed-torque curves with other motor models.