Programmable stepmotor controller SMSD‑1.5
SMSD‑1.5 controller is the smallest in SMSD series, it was designed to control small size stepper motors, output current is under 1.6 A per motor's phase. The controller provides 3 main control modes - programmable, analog speed control and STEP/DIR position control. Digital I/O of the controller make it easy to use the controller together with other electronics of a system.
The main parameters of programmable stepmotor controller SMSD‑1.5
- Max. current per phase - 1.6 Amp
- Power supply - 10 ‑ 30 VDC
- Microstepping mode - 1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16
The control modes of SMSD‑1.5
- Program mode - this mode is widely used for cycle and repetitive actions. The motion algorithm recorded from a PC (USB) to a nonvolatile memory of the controller and afterwards can be executed as per input signal or as per a command from a PC. Please, refer to the user manual for a full list of executing commands. Special software for program assembling and downloading to the controller is provided by our company for free.
- Analog speed control - manual mode - it is used for smooth speed regulation without PC connection. The motor speed is proportional to analog voltage signal, potentiometer regulation is also possible. Direction and start/stop are controlled by digital inputs.
- Pulse position control STEP/DIR - the standard position control mode, motor speed is proportional to a STEP voltage signals frequency, displacement is proportional to a STEP signals quantity. Rotation direction depends on a voltage level at DIR input.
Digital inputs/outputs of stepmotor controller SMSD‑1.5
- Start/Stop (input, valid for program and analog control modes)
- Reverse (input, valid for program and analog control modes)
- Motion enable (input, valid for program, analog control and STEP/DIR modes)
- Start zero positioning (input, valid for program control mode)
- "Home" position (input, valid for program control mode)
- Relay (output, valid for program control mode)
- Inp1 and Inp2 - (programmable inputs, valid for program control mode)