Programmable stepmotor controller SMSD‑4.2RS
Programmable stepmotor controller SMSD‑4.2RS is a modified and updated version of previous old models SMSD‑4.2RS-232 and SMSD‑4.2RS‑485. SMSD‑4.2RS provides both communication interfaces RS‑232 and RS‑485. Update frame is designed to be mounted on a standard DIN rail.
Programmable controller SMSD‑4.2RS is intended for control of step motors with phase current up 4.2 A. The controller allows to control (adjust) direction, speed and acceleration of motor, can be programmed and operate as a standalone unit or can be controlled by an external device (PC, PLC).
The main parameters of programmable stepmotor controller SMSD‑4.2RS
- Max. current per phase: 0.42 ‑ 4.2 Amp
- Power supply: 12 ‑ 48 VDC
- Microstepping mode: 1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/16
Main Functions and capabilities
- Step motor control according to a pre-assembled algorithm (user program), stored in the device
- Record, changing and reading programme control into/from internal nonvolatile ROM of the controller
- Self-contained operation without PC or external controller
- Computer control using COM-port (RS-232, RS-485)
- Operating on HMI-panel via RS232-interface and RS485-interface
- Analog speed control
- Homing function
- Automatic motor stop in case of receiving an alarm signal from a sensor
- Automatic revers of motor rotation in case of receiving a signal from a reverse sensor
The control modes of SMSD‑4.2RS
- Program mode - this mode is widely used for cycle and repetitive actions. The motion algorithm is recorded from a PC or PLC (RS-232 or RS-485 interfaces) to a nonvolatile memory of the controller and afterwards can be executed as per input signal or as per a command from a PC or PLC. Please, refer to the user manual for a full list of executing commands. Special software for program assembling and downloading to the controller is provided by our company for free.
- Direct cotrol mode - control stepmotor in real-time mode by commands from a computer or PLC. The controller executes every command as soon as receive it from a computer (PLC). Temporary memory storage and cycles are also possible in this mode. Please, refer to the user manual for a full list of executing commands.
- Analog speed control - it is used for smooth speed regulation without communication interface connection. The motor speed is regulated by the internal potentiometer. Direction and start/stop are controlled by digital inputs.
- Pulse position control STEP/DIR - the standard position control mode, motor speed is proportional to a STEP voltage signals frequency, displacement is proportional to a STEP signals quantity. Rotation direction depends on a voltage level at DIR input.
- Pulse position control A-phase and B-phase 90° different - position control mode with 2-phase control pulse train, A and B phases difference is 90°. Motor speed is proportional to pulses frequency; displacement is proportional to a pulses quantity. Rotation direction depends on a leading phase - A or B.
Digital inputs/outputs of stepmotor controller SMSD‑4.2RS
- Start/Stop (input, valid for program and analog control modes)
- Reverse (input, valid for program and analog control modes)
- Motion enable (input, valid for program, direct control, analog speed control and pulse position control modes)
- Start zero positioning (input, valid for program control mode)
- "Home" position (input, valid for program control mode)
- Relay (output, valid for program control mode)
- Inp1 and Inp2 (programmable inputs, valid for program control mode)